The position is offered for one year with the option to be extended on the basis of a permanent contract.
- Driving the Head of Mission as well as other Embassy Staff and official visitors in Lusaka and other locations in Zambia, occasionally also in the evenings and on weekends with possible overnight stays
- Taking care of and maintaining the Embassy´s vehicles and their logbooks
- Undertaking deliveries throughout Lusaka
- Paying bills and other dues at various Government offices and private companies
- Assisting with the clearance of airfreights and air cargo, with customs clearances and registration formalities for official imports ( goods and vehicles) and in dealings with national providers
- Secondary education: Grade 9 certificate or above
- Good command of English in writing and speaking
- SADC Driving Licence class B
- Professional experience of at least 5 years in a similar position with a high profile institution
- Excellent knowledge of streets in Lusaka and surroundings
- Excellent time management skills
- Reliability, discretion and confidentiality as well as ability to integrate well in a team
- Ability to work under pressure as well as willingness to work overtime
- Good manners, good communication skills, intercultural competence
Regular working hours amount to 40 hours per week. Remuneration is paid according to the Embassy´s current salary grid. The employment contract is based on Zambian labour law.
Applicants without the Zambian nationality are required to provide proof of their Zambian permanent residence and work permits.
Successful candidates have to undergo a health examination as well as a security check before being employed.
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- passport-sized photo
- Copies of school certificate and of certificates of professional qualifications
- Copies of letters of reference from previous employers
- Copy of National Registration Card
- Copy of valid SADC Driving licence
Please send your application together with the above-mentioned documents to
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
c/o. Head of Administration
5219 Haile Selassie Avenue
by 10th February 2023, 12.00 hrs.
For more information please call
0211 250 644, ext. 202
Only complete applications can be considered. Applications sent to the Embassy will not be returned.